Saturday, January 2, 2010

Frugal Challenge-December

Ok, since I committed to report here each month I am going to continue to do so. (Because it gives me a way to keep track of this goal and I have found that when you set a goal, it helps to write it down and have someone to be accountable to.) I knew that December would be difficult to stay within that budget, but to be honest with you, I wasn't stressing about it too much. I did my best, and was able to feed my family well (healthy, balanced meals most of the time). We had company for a week also and of course, Christmas. I have been reading a blog lately that is motivating and helpful. It is http://www.moneysavingmom.com/. This lady has been very frugal and successful and has some great ideas! I would encourage all my family and friends to read this as often as possible and see how much fun it can be! For the month of December I spent $384.26 on groceries. Yes, it is over my goal of $300, but I'm ok with that. Some months are just going to be that way. I have fun trying anyway!

The wedding