
Greg & I were able to get away from the cold Cache Valley winter for a week! We took a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico. The average temp this time of year is mid 60s, but we were lucky to have upper 70s and low 80s. The last two days we had rain, but we still had fun. It was so relaxing! We didn't really have anything planned, so when we got to the ports we would get off the boat and get a shuttle to go see what we wanted to see. It was way cheaper than booking a tour from the cruise ship and probably just the same thing. When we were on the boat, we played a lot of card games, read, relaxed, napped, and ate lots and lots of food! We had a great group of people that we sat in the dining room with each night. Most of them were from Canada, one couple from California. It was fun to get to know them. A few of the nights we all sat together for the show and played cards before. The last night one of the couples bought a bingo card to play and actually won $750! That was pretty exciting! The picture of me on the donkey is funny. This donkey was painted to look like a zebra so I wanted to take a picture of it. Well, in Mexico people try to make money any way they can. As I started to snap the picture a man came running over yelling at me, "One dollar!, One dollar!". I said, ok but I want to get on him. He even wanted another dollar for Greg to be in the picture! Of course, it is also hard to resist the little kids on the street selling the chiclets gum. We had a good time shopping and bartering. Got some nice leather purses. wallets, belts and jewelry.



Catalina Island is a beautiful, quaint little island. We went on a little bus ride up to the Wrigley Memorial Gardens and hiked up a hill to the Wrigley memorial that has an awesome view of the island. There were tons of huge, huge, huge cactus and lots of really pretty foliage. We also went on a 2 hour bus ride in the mountains (very bumpy) and were able to see buffalo and some other wild animals.
3 comments:
Fun! I'm glad it was warm for you. I'm jealous. I want to be warm again.
I can't believe you went without us!! Where are your coconuts. ha ha.
That sounds heavenly right now.
Post a Comment