I started my day out by going for a walk with Shea and we picked tons of blueberries and Salmon berries. They grow wild everywhere! We have made blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes! YUM!
There are also lots of pretty flowers everywhere. We picked some daisies and I don't know what the other ones are called. 
For the rest of the day, we went fishing! We rented a boat for the day (and got a great deal!).

Bliss did most of the driving while Robert & I fished. (Or atleast attempted to fish). I guess you have to know where to go and how far to drop your line. We thought we had gotten pretty good instructions, but everywhere we went looked pretty much the same. So we tried to just go where we saw other boats.

Bliss & I relaxing in the cabin of the boat.

Shea talked me into going out and sitting on the bow of the boat. The weather was absolutely perfect! The sky was blue and it was in the mid 60s.

We didn't have any luck catching a fish for the first 4 hours. We were getting very discouraged, and decided to go back to the dock for a potty break. While we were there Robert talked to several people for some advice. Then we went back out. I promised Shea that if we caught a fish, I would hug it. I really didn't think we'd catch one though. And then all of a sudden.....we did! I tried to hug it, but it was bloody and slimy! It was a pink salmon.

Braden and Shea really liked going fast on the boat. I don't like that, it makes me seasick. So, I had them drop me off at the dock for awhile while they went speed boating! Braden drove the boat and had a blast. While I was sitting on the dock, I watched a small skiff get too close to an island and get stuck on some rocks. It sank! It was pretty crazy as everyone was running around and several boats were trying to help. That must have been a bummer for him! Glad it wasn't us!! By the end of the day, it started getting windy, but it was still a great day! We only caught 2 pinks, but had a great time!! We were all exhausted, but happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment