Monday, February 22, 2010

Baking frenzy

I have been in the mood for baking lately! I tried a new
recipe for cinnamon rolls that I got from my friend who makes
wonderful rolls! And I have to say, these cinnamon rolls
were delicious! Tanner had some friends over and the pan was
devoured pretty quickly! They were flaky and moist and YUMMY!!
Quick No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls
1 1/2 c hot water, 1 c. canned milk, 3 Tb yeast, 1/2 c oil, 4 T sugar,
2 tsp salt, 2 eggs 3 c flour Mix together and beat well.
Add 4 c flour. Mix well, let stand 2-3 min.
Roll, spread with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Cut into rolls. Place on large, greased baking pan. Let rise
Bake at 375 for 20 min.
Frosting:
1/4 c butter, 1/2 c shortening, 4 c pwd sugar, 1 tsp vanilla,
canned milk
I learned a new trick when making bread. First of all, when
I make bread I use 100% wheat so I add gluten so its not so
heavy. The new trick I learned is I added 1 cup of flax seed
(ground) and it made the bread VERY moist!

Wheat Bread
5 1/2 c hot water, 2/3 c honey, 2/3 c oil, 2 Tb salt, 2 Tb yeast, 1 c flax seed,
12 c wheat flour, add 1 Tb gluten per cup of wheat flour
Add flour 6 cups at a time. Knead 10 min. Scrape dough onto floured
table. Quickly make 4-5 loaves. Let rise 1/3 bulk. Bake 350 for 30 min.

4 comments:

kami said...

yum! i am making whole wheat bread tomorrow and was looking for a recipe. i am excited to try this and i love that it has flax in it!

where do you find the gluten? can i get it at any regular grocery store?

Law Family said...

You should be able to get the gluten at the grocery store, that's where I get it. I was able to find some in bulk during a case lot sale awhile ago too. Good luck

The Van Tassell's said...

Thanks for the cinnamon roll recipe Tammy! I've been looking for a good one! And thank you so much for the beautiful gift you gave us for our wedding!! :) You are such a sweetheart!

Melanie said...

I've heard so many good things about the health of flax seed. Where do you find it in the store?

The wedding