We left Canada early in the morning for a 6 hour drive to
Lake George. Our first stop was to the Peter Whitmer home
back in Fayette, New York. It is about a 30 minute drive
from Palmyra, so it made me realize how important it must
have been that Joseph Smith became friends with Peter and
that the church was organized in this home. It would have been
quite a long buggy ride! I also forgot to mention before, that
after being to Palmyra, I realized The Hill Cumorah was not
close to where Joseph lived. It was a very long walk.
These are acorns that fell from trees at the Peter Whitmer home.
Greg was inspired when he said, From the mighty oak comes
this tiny acorn. Just like the church being organized and
starting out so small and has now grown into a mighty church!
(or something like that...I guess you had to be there!)
Lake George at Sunset
It was pretty chilly
Walking around the shops, Christa and Tanner trying
on some cool shades!
This picture is for my mom! She loves Betty Boop!






No comments:
Post a Comment