Thursday, October 28, 2010

Charlie the hunting dog!

All of our neighbors have had lots of problems with these little voles (a type of mouse that doesn't have much of a tail) and they dig tunnels all over their yards.  We have not had much of a problem.  Until NOW!  Only they aren't staying outside, they are coming in our house!  Last night I found some new kinds of traps that are like a tunnel and have some sticky tape inside which traps them and then the trap collapses on it and kills it.  I set two of them downstairs because Tanner said he had heard scurrying in his room at night.


This morning, Greg checked and we had caught one.  Yay!  I went downstairs a little later and saw two mice in his room.  I sent Charlie after them.  A few minutes later Charlie caught one and when I screamed he dropped it--it lay there and twitched and then died.  Charlie just looked at me like he was confused.  So I went and got him a treat.  Now he starts sniffing around again, and gets really excited because he spotted one behind a dresser.  I moved the dresser a bit, he sticks  his nose in there and lo and behold, he comes out with another one!  Yay!  What a good dog he is!

2 comments:

Nat and Chad said...

I think kels finally got hers out with a mouse trap. AFTER she drove to work with it still in her car, and after my dad came to her work to try and get it out, and after they put traps in it. I think they didn't end up catching it in the trap till the next morning. YUCK. Good luck with the mice. It sounds like your dog is gonna be your hunter. I would freak out if I had these in my house and i'm praying I don't since I kind of live close to you! EEK!

Nanette said...

We have never had a mouse at our house, but my parents have problems with them all of the time. I'm glad that you are finally having some success with catching them.

The wedding