I wish I had a picture, but my battery was not charged on my camera! We
have had a little problem the last few days with a mouse (vole) in our house!
The first day, Charlie our dog was oblivious to the mouse. Then, at
about 3 in the morning, the little mouse must have decided to go wake up
Charlie to play. All of a sudden I have a dog running around in my bedroom
sniffing, whining, growling, etc (you get the picture) and I am trying to quiet
him down so he doesn't wake up Greg (who is sick with a terrible head cold!)
and hope the mouse doesn't run over my feet!! After awhile, I finally settled Charlie
down by putting him into bed with me. Greg set some traps in the morning. Then,
all of a sudden Charlie was sticking his head under my dresser (where there was a trap)!
It was hilarious, he had discovered the mouse and his tail was wagging so hard and he
was trying to get that little mousy. I could imagine him saying, "Mom! You got me a new
toy! I love it! I want it, why won't it hold still for me!!" I really tried to get a picture of this,
darn those batteries! Anyway, he finally chased the mouse out into the living room and I got
distracted and lost track of it. I needed to leave to town and Charlie wanted to go with me,
as usual. So, I grabbed his blanket for the car and put him in. As I was backing out of the
driveway, A MOUSE RAN OVER MY FEET!!!!!! Yes, I think I accidentally transferred
the mouse from the house into the van (as he must have been hiding in Charlie's blanket!)
This was stressful, I really don't want to be driving around with a mouse in my van. What if
he decides to run around my feet or climb on me while I'm driving? I'd have a heart attack and
wreck the van! I sat in my driveway for quite awhile with the doors open hoping he'd just get
out, but no luck! So, I went to my neighbor's house who owns a really good mousing cat and
put her into my van to catch the mouse. She really freaked out and refused to play that game. So,
I went to the store and purchased some traps and set three traps in the van hoping to catch the
little bugger. Well, its been over 24 hours and no luck! I have no idea what to do. I'm hoping
he found a way out, I haven't seen him. However, one of the traps had been released and the
treat I left for the mouse was gone this morning. Pretty exciting day, right? NOT!
2 comments:
HAHAHAHA. This makes me laugh. AND it reminds me of when Kelsie had a mouse in her car and almost wrecked. She pulled over and called my mom and my mom called the cops! BAHAHAHA. I was laughing so hard. It took her forever to get the mouse out too! Good luck!
Yuck! We had mice like crazy in our house in Ohio. Are you putting peanut butter on the traps? They love that! Good luck!
Post a Comment