
I arrived in Ketchikan this evening and the weather is absolutely perfect!! My best friend Bliss Sawyer and her family have rented a house here for the month of July. This is where Bliss grew up, so she wanted her kids to experience some of what she loved as a kid. The last time I came here with Bliss (a long time ago!) it rained every single day and we never saw blue sky. But today, the sky is blue and it was about 70 degrees and felt about 80 because of the humidity! We went to South Point Higgins beach, had a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Shea found me a littly tiny star fish and I had to bribe Braden to take a picture with me! There was a buoy hanging from a rope on a tree and Bliss talked me into swinging from it! Yikes! Oh, and I was only there about 5 minutes and was walking around looking at the beautiful surroundings, in my flip flops, and jammed my toe into a tree branch and ripped the end of my toe open! Ouch!



2 comments:
Glad you are enjoying the wonderful weather!
I've never been to Alaska but I would love to visit is someday. It looks beautiful! I hope you have fun. :)
Post a Comment