Thursday, July 16, 2009

My last day in Alaska--at Ward Lake

We spent the day at Ward Lake playing today. It was my last day here and again, the weather cooperated and was really nice. Usually it rains every day here, and it hasn't rained except during the night last night at all since Bliss got here 15 days ago. That is unheard of. I am so glad it has been such good weather while I was here. This is Braden playing on a log. Love those boots!

I added these pics backwards, oh well. This is after Shea fell in.

She was doing so well rolling that log.


You really can't tell how beautiful it is here by a picture. It just doesn't do it justice, but it is amazing!


There is water surrounding this area, and everything is covered in moss. So there is green under, around and above everything. Amazing!

Bliss & I walked around Ward Lake. Its a really nice walk, which we did 8 years ago when we last visited here together. That time everything was flooded because they had gotten so much rain that year. We were actually able to catch a fish with our umbrellas (ha ha) That is a fun story!


You can sort of see the moss that is everywhere in this picture



This is an old, old tree that fell over and the roots are all exposed.


Bliss, Me, Shea and her friend canoeing around the lake. We didn't even tip over!




We lit a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. It came in handy after the kids had fallen in the water and were cold. It was cloudy and a little cool, but really a perfect ending to a very fun week!



Braden & I climbed up the mountain a little ways looking for wood for the fire.






2 comments:

LA Law said...

You must be living right to get that kind of wonderful weather. Glad you enjoyed it to the fullest!

Bliss said...

I'm so glad you came up!!! What a great week we had... thank you, thank you!!! See you at the wedding!

The wedding