Thursday, February 4, 2010

Frugal Challenge - January

Well, another month has come and gone! I am actually glad that January is over because here in Cache Valley we often get these horrible inversions which makes it very gloomy and yucky outside. We didn't see the sky at all in January -- it was foggy and our air was "red air" which means they ask people to reduce their driving and stay inside. When it is like this, it feels like you are walking into a freezer when you go outside, BRRRRR!

Since we lost our Albertsons it is becoming more difficult to find good deals on groceries. It takes more time for me to go from store to store. The good thing is that I have a lot of storage in my pantry and basement as well as the freezer, so I am able to reduce spending by using what I have. Smith's Food finally had a good sale and it is lasting another week. So I plan to go again this week if I can gather more coupons!

My total for January was: $291!!

2 comments:

LA Law said...

You are amazing!

Bliss said...

Good job!!! you could probably go a month without shopping and live off your freezer and pantry. I could go a month, but would have to eat out a lot :)

The wedding