Monday, September 9, 2013

Girlfriend trip to Seattle

 For my best friend's birthday I surprised her
with a "girl's trip" to Seattle.  Actually her 
birthday is in September but this was when we 
could all go.  It was a fun surprise.  I called her
and asked her to keep some dates open but didn't
tell her where we were going (although she kind of guessed).
Then on her actual birthday I told her the plans.  Our other great
friend Kristi also wanted to come.  We had so much fun!  We flew 
into Seattle and went to Pikes Place Market.  The flowers are
SO cheap!  $5 for this.  I wanted it so bad!
 We then went to the Underground Tour which is a tour of
an old city underground basically.  This is in a tunnel and is
a "crapper" which is an old toilet.  They had lots of 
fun historical stories.  They had a very serious sewage problem years ago.
 An old antique "wash tub"
 An old wooden water pipe
 Driving and we see lots and lots
of wild blackberry bushes.  Bliss really
wanted to stop and pick some.  Kristi was
worried we were going to get arrested.  They have
very mean thorns!
 Kristi and I on the ferry to Lopez Island 
(part of the San Juan Islands).  We went over the
first night and stayed at a bed and breakfast.  
 Beautiful sunset
wild rabbits
Bed and Breakfast which was beautiful.  The lady owner
was a Kook but otherwise it was a great experience.  She 
gave us a lecture for using the wrong plate at breakfast and
many other things that we did "wrong".  It was bizarre!

No comments:

The wedding